PDA

View Full Version : Fishy hand #2

6-max Fish
07-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Here's an AK hand where I was just never sure where I was at ...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ks, Ah.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 4c, 3s, 3d <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) Js <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.20 BB) 8d <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.20 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

Guido
07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Bet the turn. No reason to believe you are behind. When he calls again, then it's time to check the river.

Welcome to the forum,

Guido

cjx
07-22-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm no short handed expert, in fact, I'm quite the opposite, but I've reading the SH forums lately to try and get acquainted with the differences from a full ring game. Anyway...

I think you need to bet the turn without a doubt... on the flop he might be calling with a HUGE variety of hands considering almost every one of those hands is likely to contain two overcards. Once you've bet the turn if he check raises the turn I'm concerned he's got a pocket pair, anything from 5's up is possible I suppose or maybe a 3, 4 or J, in any case I think you could lay down or call almost even getting ~7-1 and having about ~7.5-1 to improve where you might not be good if you do. Considering if he just calls I think checking through the river would be adequate though you might miss a bet if he'll call down with Ace high which I hear happens with some frequency shorthanded, but more often than not he'll only call you when you're beat here.

cjx

Zele
07-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Guido is 100% correct.

This play should be your standard line, and situations like this come up a lot.

6-max Fish
07-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Most of the time I would have probably gone ahead and bet he turn, I think I was getting gun shy becasue it seemed like everytime I didn't improve I was getting raised on the turn and having to lay down my overcards so I just decided to go into call down mode ... wimpy poker at its worst I suppose.

Zele
07-22-2004, 12:39 PM
If you were getting raised everytime (or close to it), you could assume the guy was taking shots at you. So see the showdown with your A high.