PDA

View Full Version : Push on the turn?

TheDrone
07-21-2004, 02:43 PM
$5 + .50 NL SnG, still on the first level (blinds 10/20). I have T720 in BB, Button has T680.

Preflop: Two MP limpers, Button min raises to 40, SB folds, I reraise to 100 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif, limpers fold, Button calls. I have no read on the Button.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet 200 into a 250 pot, Button calls.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. All-in here or does anyone slow down?

My analysis and results to follow.

Cleveland Guy
07-21-2004, 03:46 PM
This is the problem with starting with t800.

You almost have to push here. If you slow down and he bets - do you fold? If not any bet you make leaves your extremely short stacked?

What could he have - Trips? A4? I'd find hard pressed to think he played an inside straight draw for that many chips.

I'm guessing he has A with a weaker kicker and you win.

Jason Strasser
07-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Push, its not close. If you lose to a 2-pair or straight say nice hand and move on.

TheDrone
07-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

With only a little hesitation, I pushed. Given his previous calls in the hand, I thought top pair smaller kicker was much more likely than a set or a straight. I expect a set to at least min raise me on the flop, and a straight draw is unlikely to call my flop bet.

He called with 67o and I was out in 10th. I actually laughed when I saw what he had, and then joined the next tournament.

Only later did I question if I was giving too much credit to his range of hands, given that it was early in a $5 tournament. Thus the reason for my post. But I realize that this is exactly the kind of opponent I want in my game.

Jason Strasser
07-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah that sucks, move on, pocket those invisible EV dollars that don't spend so goot.

Cleveland Guy
07-21-2004, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He called with 67o and I was out in 10th. I actually laughed when I saw what he had, and then joined the next tournament.

But I realize that this is exactly the kind of opponent I want in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Thoughts exactly - He sucked out - just don't go on tilt because of it. and remember you'll take his money more times than the other way around.

BradleyT
07-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Raising UTG and then calling a re-raise with 67o? And then he calls 50% of his stack on a gutshot straight draw?

I hope you made a note of his player name and join all his SnGs.