PDA

View Full Version : HPFAP Loose Games Section

Jman28
07-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Sklansky suggests limping many hands in a loose passive game, because you can outplay the players post flop, and you won't get trapped with TP bad kicker.

I find a lot of games at party to be more loose agressive, therefore, not giving you a chance to draw to flushes and straights. I rarely play suited connectors below JTs, and I almost never play hands like A5s.

I'm wondering if I'm too tight, or worse, playing the wrong hands (I will limp late with ATo, KJo, or 22-88)

How many hands should I be playing when I can get in cheap, and which ones? (I'm talking about NL SnGs at the 10/15 15/30 blind levels.)

BradleyT
07-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Chips are of the essence in a SnG.

At a LAG table you'd rather play pairs than flush draws. Opponents can see the flush on board and shut down and/or overcharge you on a draw whereas it's much harder to read someone for a flopped set (I just read this on the board somewhere else and it makes perfect sense).

However in limit it's extremely hard to overcharge a flush draw in a multi-way pot therefore you can play them more often.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-21-2004, 04:57 PM
HPFAP is specifically about limit cash games, so I'd be careful trying to extrapolate for NL tourneys.