PDA

View Full Version : References to sites?

wegs the wegs
07-21-2004, 01:22 PM
I started online about 3 months back on VictorChandlerPoker.com (AKA fhmpoker.com, grandonlinepoker.com, goldenpalace.com). I played here because they gave away money in free single table tournament. Sure it was only a nickel to the winner, but I managed to work my way up the levels and earn over 500 bucks. I then began to make arrangements for withdrawing some of the cash, and began to experience horrible bad beats. Typically the scenario would be that I would flop the nuts, bet big, get called by a player with crap, and the runners would kill me. Call me slow, but after this happened 5 or 6 times in a session I became a bit suspicious. Well talking to others, they experienced the same thing, that when they attempted a withdrawal their account was quickly drained by the site by improbable bad beats. And after three weeks of trying, I still apparently am not able to make a withdrawal yet. I have sent them the required information several times. Once they claimed they lost it, now they claim that I sent them the wrong information.

To cut to the chase, the site is robbing me. And I need to get out fast. I stopped playing on the site and just want to get my money out and transfer it to another site. I just had a few questions:
1) Any advice on what to do to speed up the withdrawal process?

2) Is there a higher power where I can report this situation, to see what is really going on?

3) Are there any good sources that will review the sites on their fairness? Also, are there sites that give rankings on how well the site is run, how good the players are, and how fast the deposit/withdrawal processes usually take?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Haven
07-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Victor Chandler is one of the biggies in UK bookmaking, in business for over fifty years, recently going into the online-poker market.

There is no way they would risk ruining their good reputation (can a bookie have a good reputation? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) by cheating. I'm afraid that you have had a bad run coincidentally at the same time you wanted to cash out.

With regard to the slow cash out aspect, personally, I would telephone someone as high up the ladder as I could get in the VC bookmaking business, and complain that their poker arm is causing me difficulties, and insist that they deal with my problem on my behalf.

Here are some VC bookmaking telephone numbers that might help you:

Freephone UK 08000 97 33 44
International 0035 0 79063
Spain 9567 79063