PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bill Walton Quote

SossMan
07-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Okay, someone mentioned Bill Walton in the sportscenter thread and I thought this thread would be appropriate:

my two favorites (from the same game, no less):

#1. (after Samaki Walker makes a decent baseline move and finishes with an uncontested dunk, then blocks a shot on the other end)
"Samaki Walker....the PREMIER backup center in the game today"
(he went on to foul out in 9 mins of game time)

#2. (Shaq and some 6'1" off gaurd in a jump ball at the top of the key on the lakers side of the court)

"You know what...I would like to see Shaq go ahead and tip it in from here"

so many more....my buddy TIVO's them and leaves them on my voice mail

WEASEL45
07-21-2004, 12:52 PM
When someone throws an airball and he yells something like "What an unbelievable pass"

J_V
07-21-2004, 12:53 PM
After an errant sideline pass during a yawner of a regular season game, somewhere in the middle of the third quarter...... the always colorful and entertaining Bill Walton bellows, "That was quite possibly the worst inbound pass in Clipper's franchise history!"

jujujaja34
07-21-2004, 01:12 PM
This is tooooo easy:

During a Seattle Supersonics game about 5 years ago Bill Walton called Terry Cummings an " Overweight Tub of Goo"

Classic.

jujujaja34

kerssens
07-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Christmas Day 2003, Orlando vs. Cleveland score is close with 1 minute to go in the first quarter something like 28-28......

"This is the greatest first 11 minutes of a game in NBA history, if the next 37 minutes of basketball are the same than we are in for a real treat"

SossMan
07-21-2004, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is tooooo easy:

During a Seattle Supersonics game about 5 years ago Bill Walton called Terry Cummings an " Overweight Tub of Goo"

Classic.

jujujaja34

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, bill, nice.

jwvdcw
07-24-2004, 09:25 PM
'Throw it down, big man!'

riverflush
07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Alluded to earlier, the classic Walton that always cracks me up is when he enthusiastically bellows "UNBELIEVABLE PASS!" when a player loses the ball or shoots and airball and it ends up in a teammates hands.

I used to hate Walton but he now transcends the game. He's brings his own entertainment to an otherwise shoddy product (NBA basketball).

jwvdcw
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Don't remember any of the exact quotes, but one game my friend and I always reference is when John Starks was playing well, and Walton was totally overacting, saying stuff like, "John Starks..one of the best players in the leauge!"