PDA

View Full Version : Turning Stone 8/15 - Empire State Poker Classic

ZeeJustin
07-21-2004, 10:29 AM
I think I will be heading up to Turning Stone for this [$540 NL tourney]. What games do they regularly spread? And what is the deal with their regular tournaments? Why do their rebuys cost significantly less than the primary buyin? Note that the only rebuy tourneys I've played in are on Stars, so those are all I know.

Is anyone else planning on going to this? A 2+2 dinner or something would be great.

-TIA
-Justin Bonomo

elevated
07-21-2004, 12:16 PM
I'll probably be going to this. For this tournament I don't think there are any rebuys, however there could be an add on for the less expensive tournaments for the amount of the buy in. The everyday tournaments have rebuys and addons that are very inexpensive, people rebuy like 5 times. The rebuys end after the first hour with only one add on available. I think they just do this to beef up the prize pool. They don't do this in their bigger buy in tournaments like the empire state one. I won one of the similar tournaments they had back in may, the poker classic. Usually they have games of holdem, stud, and nolimit holdem 2 games of $300 and $100 max buy in.