PDA

View Full Version : 10 + player hold’em strategies

slamdunkpro
07-21-2004, 10:14 AM
I play in a low limit ring game that routinely goes to 11 – 14 players. At what point do you adjust your hand selection based on number of players? For example in late position with 3 bets (games tend to be somewhat loose) and multiple callers, I’m starting to notice that small wired pairs 4’s, 5’s, 6’s, & 7s; plus small suited connectors tend to hit the flops more as many of the early callers/raisers are producing duplicate hands such as AK, AQ,AJ,J10.

Am I reading too much in here or do the value of the smaller pairs/connectors go up as the # of players calling goes up?

Big Country
07-21-2004, 12:40 PM
IMO, and others may correct me here, it's not so much their value going up so much as there being enough in the pot with multiple callers to warrant calling with these hands for set value and the str8/flush value if you hit. With enough callers, you are getting proper pot odds and implied odds to call with these holdings, as long as you are capable of laying them down when they don't hit.

slamdunkpro
07-21-2004, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With enough callers, you are getting proper pot odds and implied odds to call with these holdings, as long as you are capable of laying them down when they don't hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - I think I'm more curious of what the odds are that with say 11 callers that all or most of the aces and faces are out already. I'd guess around 42%.