PDA

View Full Version : What hands do you call with here?

holeplug
07-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Last night I was in a SNG on stars on the bubble and was faced with the SB going all in everytime it was folded around to him while I was in the BB. Everytime he did this he had me covered and not once did I get any kind of hand that I could call with (he did this about 4 times in a row). Everyones stack was about the same and the blinds were 200/400 while this was going on. My question is what hands would you call with here?

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-21-2004, 10:45 AM
How big was your stack relative to the BB?

Were you also stealing from the button or SB?

ZeeJustin
07-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Asking this question without saying stack sizes really shows that you still have A LOT to learn about this game.

Hood
07-21-2004, 11:01 AM
He says everyone's stack sizes are the same.
With 4 players ... stars start with 1500 chips and 9 players - then it's around 3375 chips each. So everyone's just under the 10 BB threshold. I think it's less that he thinks stacks are unimportant, more than he just wasn't explicit.

holeplug
07-21-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How big was your stack relative to the BB?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I'm at work so I don't have the exact stack sizes with me but the SB had me covered for all of these but not by much each time (like 3800 to my 3000). Everyones stack was about the same during this but who was chip leader changed depending on who stole the blinds since they were so big.

[ QUOTE ]
Were you also stealing from the button or SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the table also was very tight and someone would just raise allin almost every hand and everyone would fold.

holeplug
07-21-2004, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Asking this question without saying stack sizes really shows that you still have A LOT to learn about this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said they were about the same but I don't have the exact numbers with me ATM.

I never said I didn't have a lot to learn, which is why I'm asking questions to more experienced players (like you) and trying to improve myself.

Jason Strasser
07-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Since no one is giving you a straight answer, yet you asked a completely legit question in my mind, here is what I think.

I call with AK-A8, AA-66, KQ-KJ, QJ.

That sounds about right. KJ is tough, QJ is tough, 55 is tough too, I may call with that. Hell I may call with 44, hmmm.. But this is the general range I'd say for me.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-21-2004, 11:56 AM
As long as you're successfully stealing and not falling behind the rest of the field, don't worry a whole lot about defending without A-paint or a pair>TT

Stay patient and see what shakes out.