PDA

View Full Version : When do I make my move???

ZootMurph
07-21-2004, 08:41 AM
-Button raises the button any time he has a playable hand. He always shows aggression on the flop after raising.
-BB is typical loose/passive Party player.
-CO is pretty new to the table, and have no read on him.

On the flop, I know button will bet, and I plan on smooth calling, which I do. When the turn blanks, I plan on check raising, but BB follows with a call. I call again hoping for CO to come in and plan on check/raising the river. Unfortunately CO folds... Question 1: should I have followed my plan of check/raising the turn? When the river comes, I'm afraid it will check through so I bet out. Question 2: should I have tried for a check/raise here, or was I right to bet out once I put myself in this spot? Lost a few bets here, I'm sure.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZootMurph is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, ZootMurph calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, ZootMurph calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, ZootMurph checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, ZootMurph calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, ZootMurph checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, ZootMurph calls, CO folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">ZootMurph bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between ZootMurph and Button.</font>

chief444
07-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Why did you not raise the turn as planned???

I think you were right to lead out on the river but that's the only street I like here.

ZootMurph
07-21-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm basically an idiot, chief. I didn't raise because I thought I could get extra bets by check/raising the river instead of the turn. If you can figure that logic, let me know, since it's my logic and I can't even figure it out.

chief444
07-21-2004, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise because I thought I could get extra bets by check/raising the river instead of the turn. If you can figure that logic, let me know, since it's my logic and I can't even figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally a bad idea in multiway pots since you aren't gaining anything from the busted draws on the river but would on the turn.

BTW, why are you limping in with JTo in EMP? I'd say that's generally a bad idea as well. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sublime
07-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Zoot-
Open limping sucks, open limping with JTo sucks really bad.

I would have bet the flop and 3-bet if giving the chance.

MAxx
07-21-2004, 09:44 AM
I agree with the part that open limping w/ JTo is a bad play, especially knowing that more likely than not you are going to have to put 2 bets in b/c of your read of the button's aggressive style. I used loose money on JTo b/c i overvalued it. I only play it from the blinds now, or from CO or Button after several limpers.

On this flop, time to put the hammer down and charge flush drawers. If it was a rainbow flop, your turn raise aint a bad play. Either way there was absolutely no reason not to raise turn.

Joe Tall
07-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Lost a few bets here

You've lost more than you thought and are likely to go broke playing like this.

Button raises the button any time he has a playable hand.

Not only is open-limping from EMP w/JTo horrible, knowing you are likely to call a raise with it is crazy.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Noodles
07-21-2004, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button raises the button any time he has a playable hand. He always shows aggression on the flop after raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he always raises the button with a playable hand then why do you limp with Jto which is a crappy hand in middle position,some say a crappy hand anywhere
And if he always shows aggression on the flop why not raise him on the flop?
[ QUOTE ]
I plan on check raising, but BB follows with a call

[/ QUOTE ] BB follows with a cll? Good,now raise for the chance of getting 2 more bets off the bettor and BB,isnt that better than getting 1 extra off the CO or possibly zero from him?