PDA

View Full Version : 2 situations I have trouble with

jt1
07-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Hand 1: PP 3/6 -- Aggressor is loose passive.

I'm in MP with 10-10. 3 limpers to me including the Loose Passive who is UTG. I raise. SB folds. BB calls.

6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me. I bet. BB calls. Loose Passive
raises. 1 folds. And one cold calls. I re-raise. BB cold calls. Loose Passive calls.

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Loose Passive bets. 1 calls. I fold?

Hand 2: PP 3/6. no read on UTG. MP is a LAG and I'm in CO with
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG raises. MP calls. I re-raise. UTG caps.

2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets. MP calls. I call?

T /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks. MP checks. I check?

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks. MP bets. I call?

Piiop
07-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Hand 1 - I don't like this fold. You're getting (if I counted right) 12:1 odds which is enough to call just for the 9. Plus any outs you have if he has 2 pair or a set.

Joe Tall
07-21-2004, 08:55 AM
It'll be easier to respond to your posts if they were a little easier to read. Such as including the number of players and bets on every street and giving you hand form like T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif, etc.

Hand#1

If he truely is a passive and check-raises the flop, you are likely behind. Folding on the turn w/your gutshot is incorrect as you are getting odds to draw.

Hand#2

I don't think you'll be correct to call w/AK here when two broadway cards fall often enough on the river to be profitable. You are getting 7:1 and still have UTG to act behind and at best could be chopping with UTG if MP has no piece of the board.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Trix
07-21-2004, 09:12 AM
1) Dont 3bet the flop, you are behind too often and the info you get arenīt great.

2) I just fold the flop. If I had Ad or Kd, then I would call.
I would spend one bet on the turn as the last bet I spend on this hand.

Saborion
07-21-2004, 09:14 AM
What JT said.

chief444
07-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Hand 1 I think your read is good (in that I agree you are behind here) but you had the odds to call.

Hand 2 I'm pretty sure given your description of MP and the action thus far I'm value betting this turn but then checking the river through or folding to a bet unimproved. Comments? The turn action left you with a difficult river decision. I would probably fold, even though it seems likely UTG is folding as well and MP doing what LAG's do when both opponents show weakness. But you are likely behind to some small pair and folding will encourage MP's tendencies on future hands.