PDA

View Full Version : JJ Pulls the Ripcord

StellarWind
07-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em [Jackpot] (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
This is my first hand. I've played a few hands against BB and he is probably within shouting distance of tight. No other reads.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero folds, ...

Rico Suave
07-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Stellarwind:

I do not have a problem with the fold here, but some may argue that I fold too much. The board is K high, with no strong draws, and you have a bettor and 2 callers in front of you---it does not look good for the home team.

I will say, that if you had a stronger backdoor draw, then I might call the flop (maybe raise if I were pretty certain that I would get a free card), b/c the pot is getting big.

--Rico

Noodles
07-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Im wondering what the two callers have? No real draws possibilities out there,must be K-x or lower pairs,but why would you call with a pair to some guy who bets a k flop into a pfr?
I would like to see what they had! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lostinthought
07-21-2004, 11:14 AM
With 13.5 to 1 on this call, and being last to act, I am tempted to see one more. You're not getting exactly the odds to hit your set, you there are some implied odds to make up for it.

StellarWind
07-21-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 13.5 to 1 on this call, and being last to act, I am tempted to see one more.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not last to act. BB gets another chance.

StellarWind
07-21-2004, 02:21 PM
BB checkraised the turn and assumed the lead. He showed down K /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG produced K8o and dragged the pot.

Tough day for me with the hooks.

Thanks for your comments.