PDA

View Full Version : 2 horrible bad beats from the same player on diff tables, weird!

Jurollo
07-21-2004, 05:13 AM
So I am playing my normal 4 SNGs at once and in the bottom left hand corner I get AA and push to 90, two callers and 1 player pushes for 580 All-In, I push over the top for 800 All-In and get called by one of the initial callers. He flips over JT, the other guy had KT. Flop Q98 giving him the straight. Different table 3 minutes later. I get AQ, push it to 75 preflop, he raises to 150, I call. Flop: Q98, I bet out 125, he raises, I push, he calls and flips over JT AGAIN! That is just weird has really pissed me off, not to mention it is smack in the middle of a 7 OOTM streak which has killed my ROI in my most recent set of 100.

DISCLAIMER: I know the second wasn't a bad beat, but just was weird, keep that in mind before you point this out to me.

Steven_Monk
07-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I don't likke you post. None of one vas bad beat, you say later you know one vas no bad beat, but you trickke me by say, "2 horrible bad beats."

First hand was all-in push preflopps. Yes, you favorites but not excrementally so. Second vas Ricky just being Ricky. Ricky dog you and set trap, you fall in trap like bear. Now you post how wired this is? Do not tinks so.

thomastem
07-21-2004, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you favorites but not excrementally so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very impotant to remember when playing pocket Aces.

Thythe
07-21-2004, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's an extreme favorite. I'm not sure the exact percentage, but lets say 90/10. I'm sure AA gets called by two undercards thousands of times a day, so the fact that it got beat is hardly phenomenal.

thomastem
07-21-2004, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's an extreme favorite. I'm not sure the exact percentage, but lets say 90/10. I'm sure AA gets called by two undercards thousands of times a day, so the fact that it got beat is hardly phenomenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thythe,

Bad percentages. Pocket Aces loses to 10-J off 18.1% of the time. 90/10 is incorrect it should be 81.9/18.1.

steeser
07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
"Excrementally"???? That sounds pretty nasty, exponentially maybe.

Steven_Monk
07-21-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Excrementally"???? That sounds pretty nasty, exponentially maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand dis jokes. Did I do sometinks wrong?

Laomedon
07-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Gimmick posters should not be taken seriously...

Oski
07-21-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither should Mets fans.

thomastem
07-21-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please visit my poker table and do follow your own advice of not taking me serious.

You may want to watch out for that buzzard circling over your head though.

TimM
07-21-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes they lose to a set of fives than turns quads.

(No, I wasn't the guy with the 5's)

thomastem
07-21-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes they lose to a set of fives than turns quads.

(No, I wasn't the guy with the 5's)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe. That one did rub me as I didn't expect 5-5 to cap my A-A pre-flop. Jimbo at that table commented I played incorrectly but I did not. With a pre-flop cap and a couple of harmless looking 5s showing and 5-5 betting out it was the right play to raise and make player 3 in the hand pay 2 cold or fold. The pot was big. Once the 3rd player mucked I just called.

The mistake that I did make was typing a little steam off rather than reinforce the fish's bad play. The kind of day I was having I probably shouldn't have been online playing at all.

Were you Jimbo?

TimM
07-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm SicilianTM there. Did you notice there was a player named Critters! at that table also? I thought that was amusing and mentioned it but I guess you didn't notice.

thomastem
07-21-2004, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm SicilianTM there. Did you notice there was a player named Critters! at that table also? I thought that was amusing and mentioned it but I guess you didn't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the type from you, I was 3 tabling to clear the bonus faster and I do miss notes when I 3 table.

I did notice critter. /images/graemlins/smile.gif