PDA

View Full Version : 2 river bluff raises

Vehn
07-21-2004, 03:03 AM
I barely ever do this but I did it twice yesterday.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 6s 7s (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>

preflop and flop play were ugly I know..

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB raises, Hero calls,

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 8c Ts (high card, queen).
Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB. </font>

My opponent in this hand was a maniac on super tilt. I didn't quite know what to make of his flop check.

Clarkmeister
07-21-2004, 03:18 AM
I like them both, and I, like you, rarely ever do that.

Nate tha' Great
07-21-2004, 03:23 AM
I like the first but not the second. One spot where you can bluff profitably in these games is when you've raised before the flop and an Ace comes on the turn or the river.

In the second case ... I've encoutnered some strange players lately who will check flops like these with nothing, hoping to get a free card, but check-raising if you bet. Bluff-raising the river seems like a dominated strategy to me as compared with bluff-raising the turn, and folding is probably better than either ... if I want to claim domain over these sorts of flops then I'm going to 3-bet pre.

Franchise (TTT)
07-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Do you play the 10/20 6max's Clark?

nef
07-21-2004, 10:44 PM
You stole about $100 on each of those. Its a very good thing to be able to get away with. Why show?

Vehn
07-21-2004, 10:59 PM
I didn't show thats just how the hand converter displays it.