PDA

View Full Version : Good way to play A-Qs vs. PFR?

07-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

I simply called down as I knew I was either way ahead a smaller poket pair or way behind A-K. I thought if I raised the turn, it may scare off MP2 when he holds a weaker hand (ie - K-K, Q-Q, J-J) and not get a river call.

Thoughts?

On a side-note, who is re-raising pre-flop for information on MP2's hand and to take the lead?

BottlesOf
07-21-2004, 02:24 AM
You should be consistently re-raising this preflop. He is open-raising from MP2. I'd 3-bet AQo. AQs is not even close. You are doing this, not only b/c it will make the rest of the hand easier to play, but because you are more likely to get it heads up, AND you probably have the best hand.

bisonbison
07-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Do you have a read on MP2?

Normally, I would 3-bet this preflop with position, and thinking that with 3 folds ahead of him, my odds of having the best hand are pretty darn good.

Then I would bet the flop.

Then I would bet the turn.

Then I would bet the river.