PDA

View Full Version : Nothing fancy

StableHand
07-21-2004, 01:47 AM
Yes! I flopped a set - first in 5 hours.
Nothing fancy. I played for 5 hours and it was a tedious night, apart from a 7-min rush, I was stone cold.
I really wanna start posting hands for comments, and this is the one I remember, as it was towards the end of the session.

2/4 online 8-handed

I'm button with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (CO is fairly loose and somewhat tricky)

3 folds, CO-1 raise, CO folds, I call, blinds call. 8 SB

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, check, bet, raise, fold, fold, re-raise, call. 14 SB

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Bet, raise, call. 11 BB

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, bet, call. 13 BB

How'd I do? Ok?

TripleH68
07-21-2004, 02:24 AM
It is unlikely your opponent has a flush, given the pre-flop raise. So why not cap the flop?

If I am your opponent here I don't bet into you on the turn as you represented a flush draw. His mistake was surely your gain...and then he called you down on top of it. Congrats!

bisonbison
07-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Coldcalling a LP raise with a decent hand is not a great way to break up the tedium of a tedious night.

I'd 3-bet or fold preflop.

Given that you cool-called, I think calling the 3-bet and popping the turn is alright.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-21-2004, 02:40 AM
A loose open raiser from C0-1 should be routinely 3bet with a hand as good as yours.

Other than that nicely played.

StableHand
07-21-2004, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Coldcalling a LP raise with a decent hand is not a great way to break up the tedium of a tedious night.

I'd 3-bet or fold preflop.

Given that you cool-called, I think calling the 3-bet and popping the turn is alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to!! Make it fancy.
In this game 3-bet preflop generally represents a pair, usually 9 or higher, or a big A. I figgered I'd try to represent a bad A. This game usually has the same bunch of 20-30 guys, this opponent not being one of them. It's not your normal loose 2/4, often flop% is around 35. I'm having doubts about the value of varying one's play with the non-regulars, tho. At any rate I was hoping to flop big, and let the blinds in with their K's and Q's, and try to get some of my blinded off chippies back.

On the flop the idea was to represent a semi-bluff with KQ hearts. Well, this was my attempt at making it fancy.

Villain had the Aces. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for your replies.