PDA

View Full Version : 99 raise from MP3- Did I give up to soon?

MAxx
07-21-2004, 01:04 AM
I got the read that the button and small blind were loose and poor players, but I had not viewed them as overly aggressive (until after this hand.) WOuld you have continued with this hand on the flop, and why?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kc 4h (high card, ace).
Button shows 8d 7d (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Button wins 12 BB. </font>

joker122
07-21-2004, 01:51 AM
No, you didn't give up too soon. After preflop has gone 3 bets and button still raises your flop bet you have to think he has at least a jack. Of course, here he was semibluff raising a flop which was begging to be semibluffed raised, and it was actually a great play on his part. You folded, which is a good defense to the semi bluff beleive it or not. But more often than not you're drawing to 2 outs, perhaps even 1, on this flop.

TripleH68
07-21-2004, 02:10 AM
Who's in the SB? Any read on why he would 3-bet the flop...and think he could buy the pot on the river? More importantly, can you send him to my game?

You had plenty of reasons to fold here and wait for a following breeze.