PDA

View Full Version : Call the river?

RustedCorpse
07-20-2004, 11:55 PM
3/6 B&M game passive table except for me and Sfer on my right.

LP with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

4 Limps to me including Sfer
I raise
Called
Sfer 3 Bets for the limp re-raise commenting on "I'm going to suck you out"
I call

Flop:
3 4 9 (suits are irrelvant)

Checked around to Sfer who bets
I raise
Sfer Calls

Turn 8
checked to me
I bet

River: A
Sfer bets
I call

Should I have called?

cold_cash
07-21-2004, 12:32 AM
With the pot as big as it is, it doesn't seem like sfer would expect you to fold for one bet, so to me it seems like he's betting for value.

What hands would he limp re-raise you with here? If he was playing seriously and not just being a turd, I don't think there are too many hands he would do that with that you beat once the Ace comes on the river.

Maybe two big suited cards, but I guess that's about it. Maybe you got lucky and he had QKs or KJs or maybe a lower pocket pair.

I think I would call though, because from my experience with him at the 2+2 he's a real shifty-eyed sidewinder. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bisonbison
07-21-2004, 02:47 AM
I think you want LAGs on your left unless the table will let you isolate.

I'd call.

Kluddeludde
07-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Yes.

Kludde

sfer
07-21-2004, 09:12 AM
For full disclosure, I was being a turd and it was clear to everyone at the table. I was ready to muck my cards but one of the limpers shot me a look and said, "C'mon, play" so I put my cards back down and limped, saying, "This is for you." When I 3-bet preflop it was with a huge smile. The whole time I kept repeating things about how bad my hand was.

I'm about 90% sure the flop was 35J rainbow, the turn was a 4, and the river was an Ace, and that the turn was checked through. I also believe I said something like, "I picked up a draw" on the turn. Mr. Corpse was on the button, I was the CO.

Also, my usual line is to say, "I'm going to suck out huge on this hand," and I'll say it when calling a preflop raise behind me.

EDIT: I bet into about 4 players on the river.

RustedCorpse
07-21-2004, 09:15 PM
I wasn't going to call you a turd /images/graemlins/smile.gif(I didn't even say what you played) There was no Jack, no overcards till the ace. I just can't see folding the river here for a single bet. Granted, I know I'm beat, but if I'm right once out of like 15 times I'm paid. On the other hand I knew I was beat probably 99 out of a hundred.

His Three bet hand was 25o btw. He plays goot.

PocketRocketsAA
07-21-2004, 09:53 PM
I feel that the correct move to make in the situation would be to fold on the river. I am assuming that from the way the Sfer played that he had limped into the hand with Ace something suited. It maybe have been Ace 9. He could have just called you down... until he bet on the river.. because he had the thought that you had a pocket pair.. higher then what was on board. You would say.. that you should maybe call because of the size of the pot.. but I am pretty sure he had you beat due to the Ace on the river.. so why throw him the extra cash..

John Starks

sfer
07-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Okay, so the flop probably came 9-high. But I know I had middle pair, worst kicker on the flop when I bet. So, consequently, I must have picked up an OESD on the turn. The final board was probably 9534A. I'm not betting into half the table on the river without a hand that can win with multiple callers. Your hand is toast there.

I don't know if I play g00t but I sometimes run-run g00t.

RustedCorpse
07-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Let me wallow in my bitterness :0