PDA

View Full Version : Getting dicked my neteller.

1800GAMBLER
07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I changed my account to english £s a while ago because it just seemed logical so i've worked out how much i'm losing when in exchange rates when i use neteller.

I withdrawn $8k and got £4214, yipee. That's 53 pence per dollar. Then i just put $2.5k back in party, costing me £1369, 55 pence per dollar. So it works out for every $1k cash out i'm losing $50 or ~£25 or 25 beers in happy hour or 16 cocktails. Not good.

Yet, i'm wondering how the hell i can avoid this. I only use neteller to transfer money around from site to site, so, i could change my account back into USD$ and when i cash out i could cash out directly from the sites? Yet, does anyone know how much brits/canadians lose in exchange rates from party?

Thanks in advanced, i owe beers to anyone who helps.

Thythe
07-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Why don't you just do everything in USD? Have Neteller in USD and buy into poker sites in USD. Then you don't get into any exchange rate problems, until you cash out of Neteller into your bank. Otherwise I'm not sure what you can do.

Tosh
07-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah this happened to me too. I just changed it back to USD so I only get raped by neteller when I withdraw.

Redmen62
07-20-2004, 11:39 PM
The vig is 1.9% every time neteller converts your currency, coming and going. You should be able to change your currency back to USD by e-mailing currencychange@neteller.com and asking them to do it for you. You'll end up getting dinged on conversion once anyway, but beats getting it in the rear twice.

1800GAMBLER
07-21-2004, 02:22 AM
Cool. Thanks for all the info.

Anyone any idea of the % party cash outs take when exchanging?