PDA

View Full Version : KJs in the CO

bisonbison
07-20-2004, 10:09 PM
BB is very laggy, in for about half, raising about 10%, and aggro postflop.
MP2 is superloose, 3/4 in, raising about 5%

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds...

I'd call one here.

Danenania
07-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Looks like MP3 has a 4 and missed a checkraise on the turn. I'd say I agree with this fold although I think you're right that you should definitely call for one bet. The only thing that worries me is it's possible that the BB is betting with crap (a 3, 9, or low PP or worse) and MP2 is raising with any J. I just don't think it happens often enough to call two cold in a pot this size. Plus if BB happens to be the one with a 4 (or they both have it) it could get 3-bet or even capped behind you which would be ugly.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on the flop raise, but I think it's good.

MarkD
07-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I like that flop raise.

If the two players were swapped so that it was LAGGY raising on the river I would be inclined to call the two cold but since it is the other way around and it's loose passive making the raise on the river I would be inclined to fold.

This type of situation sucks but I think you played it well.