PDA

View Full Version : 40 mins in, and literally NO POST FLOP PLAY!

Oblivious
07-20-2004, 09:37 PM
All the hands have been allin preflop. Espn is sucking balls compared to Fox Sports Net this season.

Tyler Durden
07-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Yea but is it ESPN's fault? This event had a $1500 buy-in, meaning each player started w/ T1500. The stacks aren't deep at all, that's why you don't see many flops like you do in the main event.

Oblivious
07-20-2004, 11:18 PM
It was a rebuy tournement... there should have been plenty of chips on the table at the end.

Kevmath
07-20-2004, 11:22 PM
That was last week, the tournament Gerry Drehobl won.

Kevin...

Tyler Durden
07-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Yea, this wasn't a RB tourney.

Oblivious
07-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Fine... What makes you think the blind structure in the 1.5K tournement is the same as the structure in the 10K tournement?

Tyler Durden
07-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I don't. The big one was supposed to have 2 hour levels all the way through (they were shortened to one hour and forty minutes b/c of the huge field) and I doubt this one had levels that long.

Anyway, they didn't have enough chips for postflop play. The smaller events are more of a crapshoot while the big one is long enough so that the best players rise to the top.

Stew
07-21-2004, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fine... What makes you think the blind structure in the 1.5K tournement is the same as the structure in the 10K tournement?

[/ QUOTE ]

All WSOP tourney's use Texas TEARS structure which is based on a computer program, they input the starting number of players and starting chips, the spits out a structure based on how long they wish the tourney to last.

Oblivious
07-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Thanks...

So why should players at the 1.5K final table be anymore short stacked than players at the 10K final table?

TomCollins
07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Maybe you don't get it. They start with fewer chips. The blinds rise faster. If you can't put these together, go sterilize yourself.

doubledown998
07-21-2004, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you don't get it. They start with fewer chips. The blinds rise faster. If you can't put these together, go sterilize yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you be productive, then, and dig up the blind structure for the 1.5k buyin vs the 10k buyin, so you actually have some proof behind your statement

ohkanada
07-21-2004, 09:49 AM
What people don't understand it these final tables may take several hours to complete. ESPN is showing atleast 8 bustout hands which are likely all-in. They only have an hour to show this plus they want to show the fluff like Ferguson cutting carrotts with cards.

The bottomline, is that they should have cut the preliminary tournies that they show in 1/2 and for the ones they choose, show 2 hours instead of 1.

Ken

Stew
07-21-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks...

So why should players at the 1.5K final table be anymore short stacked than players at the 10K final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read OhKanada's post directly above mine, that will explain it to you. But, basically they are not relatively more short-stacked than players at the 10K final table. In fact, the 10K final table didn't last very long at all. I think they only played 7 hands with three left and 7 with two left and just over 100 hands total for the whole final table.

As OhKanada said, there are probably 5 times (at least) as many hands not shown on TV as are shown. From what I'm seeing of most of this year's coverage is that ESPN is primarily focusing on the "All-In" Hands and not other hands that probably have more of an impact on the tourney than the All-In Hands.

Oblivious
07-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks. I rest my case.

Oblivious
07-21-2004, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like the moron. The fewer chips players start with, the faster they bust out early, and the faster all the chips go to the last 9 players at the final table. Lesser starting chips create deeper stacks at the final table, with all blind schedules being equal.