PDA

View Full Version : T3s in BB

kureido
07-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Not much of a read on either opponent in this hand; the basic table read was loose/aggressive, though.

I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking on the flop, I know I should have bet out. But should I have gotten out on the turn? And, as I did play it, should I have gone into check/call or check/fold on the river?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (5.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

Thanks!

-b

jacki
07-20-2004, 09:22 PM
I assume you smooth called the flop to go for the check-raise on the turn. Follow through with your plan, unless a scare card come.

I check-call the river.

kureido
07-20-2004, 09:28 PM
I assume you smooth called the flop to go for the check-raise on the turn. Follow through with your plan, unless a scare card come.

Yeah, that was my original plan, but I wussed out on it fearing trips or tens and nines or tens and fives. Playing too scared, I guess?

-b

tardigrade
07-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Bet flop, bet turn. I think the 3-bet is ok on the turn, since he might have just gotten a lower 2-pair, be over-aggressively playing AT, etc. (Too bad you couldn't see if he'd have raised and capped on the flop /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) Definitely once you are capped, you have to think trips. Check-call the river.

kureido
07-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Results: UTG+2 had 33 for trips to my Ts and 3s.

-b

Greg J
07-21-2004, 08:50 PM
I don't like planning check raise on the turn for precisely this reason. Now a check raise on the flop would have been a good play in my opinion.

kureido
07-21-2004, 09:32 PM
I don't like planning check raise on the turn for precisely this reason. Now a check raise on the flop would have been a good play in my opinion.

For which reason -- getting stomped by trips? Or wussing out between the moment I planned it and the moment I would have raised?

And why would a check-raise on the flop have been better? To show aggression and see if I still get raised when I bet out on the turn?

Let's see -- if I folded to a raise (or a cap? which would be better?) on the turn after check-raising the flop and betting out on the turn, that'd cost 2BB (4BB if I reraised and folded to a cap) -- but the way I played it cost me 6.5BB. That may have been the smarter play.

Any further analyses of my logic? Am I off my rocker with this revised strategy, or does it seem valid?

-b