PDA

View Full Version : Flops BPTK on the button

Ponks
07-20-2004, 08:57 PM
No particular reads on the table, although it is pretty loose, because I'm playing multiple tables. How does everyone else play this? I just wasnt sure, check the turn? check the flop? When I bet I was prepared to fold to any checkraise. Just seems like with all these callers there is no way I can be ahead. But I've learned not to be afraid of callers, be afraid of the raisers so I just kept on betting, wrong? suicide in this situation? It just seems like someone has to have a 7 or 55 or something and is calling me down. Obviously the river is a no brainer, and I'm glad it fell. If something like a 4 had fallen, I'd check this behind, right?

Ponks

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah 2h (full house, twos full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.50 BB. </font>

J.R.
07-20-2004, 09:04 PM
But I've learned not to be afraid of callers, be afraid of the raisers so I just kept on betting, wrong?

I dunno but with 5 flop callers I would be strongly inclined to take a free peak at the river.

Ponks
07-20-2004, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I've learned not to be afraid of callers, be afraid of the raisers so I just kept on betting, wrong?

I dunno but with 5 flop callers I would be strongly inclined to take a free peak at the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that mean you bet the flop? Check through on the turn? Then raise the river if someone else bets into you, otherwise bet if checked to?

Thanks - for the help on all my posts
Ponks

J.R.
07-20-2004, 09:12 PM
I would bet the flop in your shoes about 100% of the time. The jack is a great card in that it allows you to repesent a big hand and get middle pocket pairs, a 7 as well as many of those pesky overcards who hopefully and probably will fear they might be drawing dead given your turn bet to fold (most/a lot will presume you wouldn't bet the turn with just a flush draw or less than a J). I missed that. Given this action I would bet the turn 100% of the time (I misread your original and didn't realize the turn paired the top card).

If called on the turn I would plan on checking the river as I see little value in a bet unless you catch a duece. I like everything you did here.

Ponks
07-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Alright, I agree with that. I wasnt planning on betting the turn again with so many callers, but then the another jack fell and I thought I may be able to get a better hand to give up, or I might actually have the best hand. Betting should also clear up my ace out if I am behind.

Ponks