PDA

View Full Version : Probably a boring hand

Ponks
07-20-2004, 08:50 PM
This is pretty standard yah? I've been on a big losing streak lately (-250BB) /images/graemlins/frown.gif , and some people at the table couldn't believe I played the hand like this. It all seems pretty standard to me, but my thinking is messed up cause of the losing streak. Who knows maybe someone else can learn something from this hand too? Obviously MHIG so I just added the results. That UTG+1 is a cool guy IMO.

Ponks

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (17 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (19 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As 4s (flush, ace high).
UTG+1 shows 5s 5h (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB. </font>

J.R.
07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Looking at 12 outs twice (and perhaps 3 aces as well, at least when facing the first flop raise) with 2 opponents on the flop, you are in good shape and have a value 3-bet. Sure, BB might have a set but he also might have a flush/straight draw or a pair or 2, and I really like your hand against the range of hands a flop coldcaller will have in this spot, so I think you have a value 3-bet on the flop. The flop lead bet is standard.

WTF does BB have to go ape with on the flop, raise the turn with and then fold for one more bet getting 16+ to 1 with the chance to pick up at least one more (likely 2 given UTG+1 's happy calling) bet on the river if he hits. Only one pair should fold here, but what is one pair doing on the flop (maybe ok with something like AQ if he really thinks you overplay/pump draws), but one pair is a little out of hand on the turn after your flop aggression and lead turn bet given the 3rd flush card on the turn.

stoxtrader
07-20-2004, 09:21 PM
nice hand.

well played on every street.

MoreWineII
07-20-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some people at the table couldn't believe I played the hand like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know what *they* thought.