PDA

View Full Version : 66 20-40 fishy or just fine?

03-21-2002, 07:32 PM
a dumb player limps in ep in a loose 20-40 8 handed game. i raise in the CO with 6d6s, pretty loose but okay button cold calls. bb calls.

the flop is: QJ4 two hearts. checked to me and i bet, button raises, bb folds, EP calls two cold, and i decide to call.

the turn is Kc. checked around.

the river is 6h. checked to me and i bet.

comments?

03-21-2002, 09:01 PM
I think "dumb" isn't enough for the pre-flop raise -- you need a specific kind of dumb and you need a decent likelihood the hand will be heads up with dumbo and he'll fold early if the board misses him or a better hand late.

On the flop I check-fold or bet-fold. Minus a straight draw and baby flush draw, you are basically behind almost any hand that gives you action including an overcard flush draw. And the 6h really isn't much of an out.

On the river I'd bet and fold to a raise. I like betting, by the way. The button may have a J and was spooked by the early position call or have a Q and fear the K as well. You'd think EP would bet out if he made a flush or straight after the turn action so I wouldn't fear him, but he may have enough to call.

03-21-2002, 09:10 PM
I don't see the worse hands calling it down, so I say the bet is a loser. I say check - call the river. You're basically hoping he had KT and will bet last with top pair since nobody showed strength. I think that's a pretty slight chance. I'm probably not re-raising on the button with KT suited, just a call. AK?

Nah I think the bet is a loser over the long run.

Might have been a winner this time, but I think it loses more than it wins.

I also think you bet too much! :-)

~D

03-22-2002, 04:15 AM
It looks like button is on the flush draw. I suppose it's ok to bet the river if you are preparing to fold when you are raised. I think you should almost fold on the flop when you are raised because you only have 1 clean out...

03-22-2002, 11:19 PM
neither player called my river bet.

03-26-2002, 01:12 AM
You may have played this hand poorly, but the others played it worse, so you deserved the pot.