PDA

View Full Version : AA button 20-40 hand

03-21-2002, 07:05 PM
i have AhAs on the button in a 9 handed loose 20-40 game. 3 limp to me and i raise, the sb, a a very loose bad player calls, bb 3 bets, all the limpers call two cold, i 4 bet, all call. 6 of us see this flop:

7s5s3c. bb bets, loose MP player calls, i call, sb calls. 4 of us see the turn:

Tc. sb bets, bb calls, MP raises, i 3 bet, sb calls, bb folds, MP calls. onto the river which is:

Ts. checked to me and i bet.

comments?

03-21-2002, 08:49 PM
This is tough, because I think your turn raise really defined your hand as an overpair, specifically KK-AA, removing any doubt that may have been there -- meaning 75 would have repopped the turn and raising the question of what was worth a bet, raise and call of two cold by the others. I mean, no way they fear a set or Asxs. And if they were ever going to save a bet with middle pair A kicker this would be it. The guys that fear each other are the two other ones in the hand... When I feel this exposed i'm fairly likely to check behind even if I think I'm good -- but that may be a leak. In the unlikely event you know it is safe to fold to a c/r, though, bet.

03-22-2002, 04:02 AM
When you bet the river, what do you think MP is raising with on the turn?

03-22-2002, 12:15 PM
Based on the way he played, I would think there is a good chance that MP is holding pocket sevens. Little chance that the turn card improved his hand and made him raise. Chances are he wanted to limp in with the small pair, but got dragged along with all the raises, then made top set on the flop and decided to slow play and go for the raise on the turn. Your reraise, and also the third spade on the river, forced him to check on the river even though pocket sevens has you beat.

Result?

03-22-2002, 11:18 PM
"Your reraise, and also the third spade on the river, forced him to check on the river even though pocket sevens has you beat."

that makes no sense because that means he filled up on the river. mp has K4s btw. sb said he flopped two pair which means his trash hand (73 or 53 perfectly possible for this guy) was completely ruined on the river yet he still called. it seems obvious to me now that my bet on the river was pointless.

03-23-2002, 08:21 PM
The three-bet on the turn is a high-risk play but I like it. It looks like someone caught a ten and raised with top pair on the turn, then you three bet them with your better pair (which might even look like you had TT in the hole to them). When the second ten hits on the river, anyone with two pair on the flop is counterfeited, and when it gets checked to you, I like your bet. I guess you won with two pair.

03-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Given the third spade on the river, checking seems the better play than betting.

03-26-2002, 01:16 AM
I would like to know your reasoning for calling on the flop instead of raising.