PDA

View Full Version : Religion or Marijuana?

paland
07-20-2004, 05:29 PM
You know that commercial where a little kid is by a swimming pool and a voice says "Just tell them you wanted to smoke marijuana with your friends", or something like that. Well, it looks like they should replace the word marijuana with religion. They should say "Just tell them you wanted to go to church and pray", instead.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/10065861p-10986968c.html

ThaSaltCracka
07-20-2004, 05:55 PM
your phrase is just absurd as the marijuana one.

scotnt73
07-21-2004, 09:54 AM
you could replace it with anything:

just tell them you answered the phone
just tell them you where microwaving the babies bottle
just tell them you were getting a soda out of the fridge

i think kids would be better off if they would just tell the truth. hey kids weed is no worse than alcohol. and just like alcohol if you do it all the time you wont amount to [censored]. also dont drive stoned or drunk. the other drugs are a different story and can become addictive or kill you straaight out. have a nice day!

stripsqueez
07-21-2004, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also dont drive stoned or drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done both of these - i'm terrible at it drunk but i am the textbook defensive driver post green

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ThaSaltCracka
07-21-2004, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've done both of these - i'm terrible at it drunk but i am the textbook defensive driver post green

[/ QUOTE ] even though I haven't done it in a while, I would agree, but I also agree with the premise of not promoting that as well. People really shouldn't drive drunk or stoned.

CORed
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
I think a good case can be made that weed is less harmful than alcohol.

Alcohol is certainly addictive for some people, and it is possible to ingest a lethal overdose of alcohol (drinking a quart or two of hard liquor in a hurry will do it).

Whether weed is addictive is debatable. It is not addictive in the sense of causing withdrawal symptoms, but some people do screw up their lives by smoking too much and seem to have a hard time giving it up.

It is simply impossible to get a lethal overdose of weed. It is possible, with really good weed, to give yourself a splitting headache by smoking too much.

That said, I no longer smoke weed, but I do drink.

astroglide
07-21-2004, 05:18 PM
i haven't read the post or thread, but i'm going to go with marijuana on this one.

ThaSaltCracka
07-21-2004, 05:24 PM
what if your religion was marijuana?

mikeyvegas
07-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Thurgood Jenkins: You know I got some weed at work today, if y'all wanna try it out.
Scarface: Nah, we don't feel like smokin right now.
Thurgood Jenkins: Me neither. So y'all wanna smoke?
Scarface: I'll get Billy Bong Thornton!
Brian: No man. No Billy Bong Thornton without Kenny. That wouldn't be right. Get Wesley Pipes.

I'll go with Mary Jane.