PDA

View Full Version : Curious Question

Cleveland Guy
07-20-2004, 04:50 PM
New Poster here to the boards- and I play at Pokerroom.

At Pokerroom you get T1,500 for each MTT and SnG. Blinds first 3 rounds are 10/15 15/30 25/50

It seems like a lot of the other sites leave you a lot less.

I kinda like having 1,500 - might take a little longer to play, but seems to give me a little room to see a few cheap flops - or to strong play a good pocket.

It seems like with other sites you get less chips - which makes you play good early pockets really tight.

a Raise to t150 on QQ, JJ, AK isn't a ton of your chips against 1,500 and still leaves you with plenty if you see a flop you don't like

I have played live tourneys where you start with about 500 to 700 in chips, and Level 1 of 25/50 and while they might have rebuys you almost have to go all in on the first good hand.

Other thoughts?

durron597
07-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I noticed the same thing as you. I hope to show after I play more SnGs that it's possible to have an unsustainable ROI/ITM for Party/Stars on Pokerroom. But I haven't played nearly enough yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What's your username on Pokerroom?

Cleveland Guy
07-20-2004, 04:59 PM
ELCinOH

Usually I'm in the 10+1 NLs - or the 5,10, 20 multis.

Sometimes I step up to 20+1, or down to 5+1 - depending on my mood, confidence.

Not sure I followed your comment on ROI/ITM - which one do you think is better?

I tend to finish in the money fairly often on Pokerroom- never kept exact stats

durron597
07-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Hm, I haven't played with you yet (I only play 10+1s). Anyway I have a supposedly unsustainably high ROI/ITM on Pokerroom, and I think it has to do with the good blind structures more than random luck... but I haven't played enough SnGs to prove it yet.

Cleveland Guy
07-20-2004, 05:09 PM
How high is it?

I seem to finsih ITM about 40% of the time, and almost always top 5.

half of that is due to 2-3 people being easy to read and pick off.
So I really look at it as 7 real people per table.

Phill S
07-21-2004, 09:03 AM
im on a small sample, so variance will drop it a bit.

im getting 50% ITM and some 40+% ROI on stars 15+1s (id have to check my figures, not sure what it is exactly, havent updated spreadsheet for a couple of days either).

i think that this is probably the best sit and go your gonna find on the internet (prove me wrong, im sure youll try). the blinds go up like party, but you get more start chips, the buy in is low enough to get the usual crappy players, but you also get an extraordinarily low rake. im in love with these things. the rake % is lower than partys 200 tourneys. its a winner.

of course given time the figures will undoubtedly drop, but im sure itll be more than can be held at party. but all in all, what i lose out in not having the party fish, is more than made up for by the great structure.

Phill

Vuron00
07-21-2004, 01:09 PM
This is one of the reasons that I moved from Party to PS. On Party, you start with 1000 chips and the blinds are very aggressive. If you're in a tournament with some decent, tight players, by the time you get down to 4 players, somebody has to go all-in on every hand. I think this brings a huge luck factor into the game.

On PS, you start with 1500 chips and the blinds are less aggressive. This suits my style of play perfectly. I can play very tight at the beginning and not have to worry about getting blinded out before I get a decent starting hand.

I know that in the lower limit SnG's on Party, you only get to start with 800 chips. I didn't play at that level very long and did much better at the higher limits.

lacky
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
There is no doubt that starting with 1500 chips and slower blind increases is a funner tourny to play in and an advantage to better players. The party structure is great for only one thing, MAKING $$$$. If the tournies are over in 2/3 the time, you can play 50% more. Luck all eqauls out in the long run, so what you are left with is being able to take the other players money faster.

Steve

Cleveland Guy
07-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Not sure I'd agree with that 100% - yes luck equalls out, but by having more time to pick your hands you reduce the luck factor.

I play for fun and to win - not to make money. I won 2 multi's in 3 weeks for over $2.5K - so I am just playing with the profits (Minus my cash outs)

It's more hobby than job - so that might be part of the decision factor also

TheDrone
07-21-2004, 03:01 PM
How fast do the blinds increase? Faster increases usually mean higher variance (luck factor), which is why I avoid turbo tournaments.