PDA

View Full Version : Re-raise turn here?

Georgia Peach
07-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Do I re-raise the turn, fold, or call and check call the river as I did?

My plan was to bet the low pair and fold if raised or see what the turn brings. Which, turned out to be two pair, but his re-raise gave me visions of either a set or J9. I didn't have a read on him so I decided to pay to see.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: The Protagonist is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, The Protagonist checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">The Protagonist bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">The Protagonist bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, The Protagonist calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
The Protagonist checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, The Protagonist calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
The Protagonist shows 9c 6c (two pair, nines and sixes).
Button shows Jc 3s (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: The Protagonist wins 9 BB. </font>

sthief09
07-20-2004, 04:45 PM
absolutely 3-bet the turn. I wouldn't be the flop on such a coordinated board, but everyone else would, so your bet is fine.

James Boston
07-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Re-raise. Call down if 4-bet.