PDA

View Full Version : TT hand for review -- my turn check raise

Greg J
07-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Read on CO: loose, not that aggressive, but not total LAP. Seems to know a little bit about playing poker.

Why did I check raise this? Thoughts?

(Comments on all other streets welcome.)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Greg is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Greg calls, BB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Greg bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Greg calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Greg checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Greg checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

jmark
07-20-2004, 07:47 PM
He's not that aggressive but caps pf and raises you on a monotone flop.

He must have an overpair, possibly AA or KK with a club, and you have 2 outs unless you can get him to fold, which is why I guess you checkraised the turn. But if he's a loose calling station he will never fold.

The other possibility is he has something like AK AQ with the ace of clubs and isn't going to fold until the river fails to bring his club.

Greg J
07-20-2004, 07:51 PM
The reason I checkraised was I was drunk and meant to hit the call button.

I won the hand -- he mucked. I put him on A /images/graemlins/club.gif and another overcard.

cold_cash
07-20-2004, 07:54 PM
What makes you think he doesn't have AA, KK, QQ, or JJ? Those all seem like pretty good candidates based on the action up until the turn.

I would be afraid I would be check-raising with a worse hand here. If he has an overpair with a club you're pretty much screwed sideways. (Which in my estimation is a pretty good possibility.)