PDA

View Full Version : What is "good" play in PP SnG's?

AcesKracked
07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
I purchased Pokertracker a few weeks ago and have been uploading all of my hand and tourney histories. My $10 PP SnG's seem to be very profitable for me. Through 15 I have an average finish of 3rd w/ 5 wins - in the money a little over 70% of the time. I know this is a small sample size but are these results average, above avg, or below. I was reading some of the 100 SnG challenge posts and see quiet a variety of results. I am sure the competition is a lot softer on the 10+1's v/s the 10's and 30 also. Feedback appreciated.
AcesKracked

Daxonovitch
07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
ITM isn't generally the best metric to go by in SNGs, although over your lifetime (and you shouldn't really be look at stats too much until you have at least 50 recorded at a given level), you should be aiming for anything above 35% or so.

ROI is much more important. I personally graph my ROI so I know at any point how my last 15, 50, 100 and lifetime ROIs stack up. ROI is simply Amount Won (6th column) divided by Buy-In+Fee (5th column). Subtract 1, multiply by 100, that's your ROI %. I think if you're just starting you should shoot for 10 to 15%. Keep in mind anything can happen over 15 SNGs. In the past couple months while I've been keeping stats, I've been up to 150% and down to -70%, but my lifetime ROI is around 30%, which I consider fairly good.

http://chrisdanek.com/ROI.gif