PDA

View Full Version : Cracked aces, worthy question...

Laomedon
07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
A routine cracked aces story. The hand isn't what interests me, actually the response afterwards is much more worthwhile. This guys response begs the question, "Was this merely a fishy excuse, or do some morons on PP actually think along these lines."

This is in a PP 10+1 SnG... No read or anything, just a bunch of punks to tell you the truth. Here's the hand and the witty response.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)

CO (t700)
Button (t940)
SB (t815)
BB (t480)
Hero (t950)
UTG+1 (t770)
UTG+2 (t680)
MP1 (t915)
MP2 <font color="purple">(Expletive)</font> (t740)
MP3 (t1010)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero raises to t60, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 <font color="purple">(Expletive)</font> calls t60, MP3 folds, CO calls t60, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t205) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets t200, Expletive calls t200, CO calls t200.

Turn: (t805) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets t690 (All-In), Expletive calls t480 (All-In), CO folds.

River: (t1975) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1975
<font color="green">Main Pot: t1765 (t1765), between Hero and Expletive.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Expletive (t1765).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t210 (t210), returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Expletive shows Ks Td (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Expletive wins t1765. Hero wins t210. </font>

Winner's response: "SRM784: sorry thought u were bluffin as fast as u bet"

So... Does taking a lot of time, or no time at all actually influence PP swine? I used to be of the opinion, "not particularly." Now I'm no longer as certain. Thoughts?

PS. This was really just an excuse to post the most frustrating hand of my session last night, I apologize, feel free to berate me. It just happened after a string of three straight bubble finishes and I felt like throwing things at people, sharp things. Thanks for the time.

AcesKracked
07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I have had similar comments made to me when I make a quick bet or a 'bet the pot' bet. When my opponent does this I usually take it as a sign of strength. However on PP, I have seen truly all kinds, there is no telling who is on the other side of the keyboard and mouse and usually no logical explanation.
AcesKracked

Daxonovitch
07-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Keep in mind that play at the $10 level is generally very poor, espescially during prime time. Players will call you down with anything. People are more of the WPT-mentality where they'll play any two cards or call your "bluff" down even though you've played 2 hands in 30 minutes. Just keep in mind that these kinds of players are the kind that pay the bills and generally lose, and you'll be able to stomach the occasional suckout a bit more. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would have varied your play a tiny bit. Raise a bit more preflop, and slow down a bit (as two pair or a set is a very real possibility with all that paint on the board).

If you had made a set from the get-go, well, not much you can do, the hand is gonna bust you, but at least you had boat outs.

Already this morning, even at the $30 level, I push with 88 (about 1500 in front of me, blinds 100/200), guy with T2000 calls with K8o and makes a flush. Another SNG, I limp-reraise all in with aces, guy calls with 88 thinking I was "just trying to steal his raise", he flops a set. I'm not writing this to whine, I'm just trying to make the point that these people will call with huge dog hands for WHATEVER reason. 7-9 times out of 10 you'll win those hands and they'll get knocked out without you even batting an eyelash or thinking about it. It's those 1-3 times that make you question them/the game/your play/the site/etc.

mack23
07-20-2004, 12:35 PM
When someone pulls an "immediate pot size bet" on me it has turned out to almost always means AK on a rags flop or AA, KK, QQ on a decent flop with all unders. This makes playing back simple as I know they'll commit all-in so if you hit two pair or a set it is a cakewalk. Good luck avoiding the beats! (god they are terrible aren't they?)

-Mack

ECondreras
07-20-2004, 12:42 PM
I, for one, have never given much thought as to how long it takes someone to bet/call/raise. For all I know, they have a poor interent connection. If people can read tells over the internet, then they have a big advantage over me.