PDA

View Full Version : question for vegas pros...

06-05-2002, 06:46 AM
Just recently, I got fired from my job for certain reasons... I am planning on moving to Vegas from MI and am curious to hear what your thoughts on my choice is. I'm sure some of you have had to face this same situation as I am in. Some info. about me is that [for the pokerbabe xoxo]I am a single, male, 6" 180 pounds, black hair and green eyesm athletic body.

I figure my savings can cover my living expenses for at least a few years without an issue. My poker bankroll is over 10k. I am a mild-mannered 1020 1530 player who can play marathon sessions without any type of deteriation in my game. I am prone to place a bet on sports but nothing to reak the bank. I feel like a need a release from the daily grind of 9-5 and am anxious to see if I can make myself into something that my family would be proud of.

Thanks for listening,

SamIAm

06-05-2002, 08:08 AM
and am curious to hear what your thoughts on my choice

I am not at all meaning to be rude, but your post is kind of vague. What have you got going for you apart for a certain pride in your looks?

You planning to earn your way with poker? Post a few mid-limit hands you were involved in and see what the fellas, and Poker Babe(aka) think.

You want to marry money? By the sounds of it you've got a heck of a better chance than I ever did. But I have no idea if Vegas would be the city of choice to accomplish that goal. Best of luck to you. LTL

06-05-2002, 09:57 AM
your bankroll isnt 10k. your bankroll is everything youve got. ill let others elaborate ...

brad

06-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi SamIAM- Congratulations on your decision to try a new lifestyle. I moved to Vegas from NYC 11 years ago and I absolutely love it here. The summers are a little hot, but that's why we have swimming pools and air conditioning! The cost of living in Vegas is very reasonable, and I may be able to help you with a condo rental. You say you can play "marathon sessions" without any deterioration in your game. Does that mean you are a winning player already? As LTL says, we have not seen your posts before and we do not know how good a player you are. It's extremely important to be objective about your skills if you are going to be a pro. Of course, if you hang around with the Babe and some of the other guys (posters) who live here, you will either become successful or go broke! Can you beat the games? I like both the 15-30 and the 20-40 game (mirage only) and both are beatable IMO for a GOOD player. The 20-40 is often shorthanded during the week (during the day), but the 15-30 is almost always going 24 hours a day. It sounds like you have a plan and have enough savings to take a shot at becoming a pro in the 15-30. When do you arrive? Babe

06-05-2002, 12:41 PM
There are more games in Southern California.

Have you considered that?

06-05-2002, 01:11 PM
if youre info is right about havin 2 years livin expenses with save up of 10k for playin you may want to up the 10k for $20-40. i really like your plan of havin 2 years living expenses saved. most say hey i can make $25 an hour playin so ill pay the nut with that. aint exactly like that. seems to me like id want to go year by year not day by day. be willing to put in the hours dont worry about each session. plan for next year to stay in action like replacin $ spent on nut this year for next year with winnings this year. keeps you ahead of the game when you have losin streak. after next year takin care of have some fun with winnings.

06-05-2002, 02:54 PM
where is cheap appartment and condo in vegas?

and safety too. ty

06-05-2002, 08:37 PM

06-06-2002, 04:24 AM

06-06-2002, 06:58 AM
..............................and ive decided...............all waiting with baited breath............................................ ..............................................that .................................................. .................................................. .............I.................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...am............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................moving......to............ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................no where. Thanks especially to babe (xoxo), who gave some real solid advice. I'm not quite ready for the big time, need a little practice on my game, a little more online poker, brush up on some few books, no rush to judgement, if im gonna do it, im doing it right! Thanks to everyone else as well, dont know what kind of mess i woulda gotten into if i had gone! LOL! Whew!!

SamIAm

06-06-2002, 10:13 AM

06-06-2002, 11:35 AM
good for you. discipline on such magnitude is usually a good sign of good things in poker.