PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify mistakes

nwaddell
07-20-2004, 10:17 AM
first, i'm not looking for a "pat on the back" or any praise. i'm looking to improve my game and with your help indentify any mistakes that are in my game. the table is pretty lose. got a couple of the "any two, especially if they're suited" variety. otherwise, just typical calling stations that stick with they're hands too long.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Would anyone else 3-bet this? My original intention was on limping, but since the Big Blind helped me out by trapping, the least i could do was 3-bet it.

Flop: (28 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

At this point i put BB on two overs, but no pairs. Should i have raised instead of calling here?

Turn: (17.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

CO had done this twice in earlier orbits to me, when i was pretty sure i had the best hand. And i did. So this raise didn't really bother me. Should i have reraised? Or just be happy that he gave me an extra BB?

Final Pot: 26.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26.50 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (26.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows 8s 5c (two pair, sixes and fives).
Hero shows Qs Ks (two pair, kings and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 26.50 BB. </font>

prayformojo
07-20-2004, 10:31 AM
I like the 3-bet pre-flop. Raise the flop. Turn and river seems fine.

CO's p-f limp, call, cap, then no action until the river is classic. I hope you put him on your buddy list.

chief444
07-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Other than preflop this actually looks OK. But then when you have this much money in the pot it's actually fairly easy to play.

I don't understand though why you wouldn't raise a hand pf on the button in the first place that you felt was worth a 3-bet after a raise out of the blind. This should be a pretty standard raise in the first place.

kgrad5
07-20-2004, 10:57 AM
definately raise this pf, with 7 people who are all sticking around get as much money in as possible with a hand like KQs