PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 AJs hand

03-19-2002, 08:57 PM
i have AJs in the cutoff in a good 30-60 9 handed game. folded to me and i raise, the button, a strong lady player makes it 3 bets, bb fish calls.

the flop is AJ4 rainbow. check, i bet, she raises, bb calls two cold, i 3 bet, both call.

turn is a K. check, i check, button bets, bb calls, i call.

the river is a T. checked to button and she bets, bb folds, i call.

comments please.

03-20-2002, 02:59 AM
What do you put her on here, Mike? I can't think of a hand you can beat. I know there's a big pot out there, but this might be a good time to consider the fruit plate.

Hope I'm wrong and you won. . .

BTW, was this at Commerce, and was your opponent the infamous Lady "I"?

03-20-2002, 03:03 AM
I'd likely play it the same, but I'd expect to lose on the river.

Maybe she has KJ or AT. That's about it. I'm expecting to lose.

I don't like fruit.

Josh

03-20-2002, 07:07 AM
I think I bet the turn and consider folding if the button raises me. This might or might not be a good play depending on how well you think you know the button and how well you think the button knows you. If you think the button capable of raising with less than AK if you bet, then I think calling it down is fine. Screw the fruit, I'm shooting for the fur coat. /images/wink.gif

03-20-2002, 02:22 PM
"Screw the fruit, I'm shooting for the fur coat."

Izmet's wonderful turn of phrase has become the "Munich" analogy of poker. Anytime a politico wants to take a hard line, he uses the example of Neville Chamberlain's appeasement of Hitler at Munich as an example of what not to do. Same thing with Izmet's fur coat. (Although I suppose one could say the same thing about Tommy's fruit plate.)

But sometimes it is right to fold on the river no matter how big the pot. You can always use the $60 towards a down payment on a fur coat (or the cocktail waitress.) /images/wink.gif

03-20-2002, 02:37 PM
why not just represent the Q and bet the river yourself if you are going to call a bet. give her a chance to make a "good laydown".

03-20-2002, 07:34 PM
"What do you put her on here, Mike? I can't think of a hand you can beat."

me neither except Ax and she would probably not have 3 bet with this despite he position and the preflop scenario. my call here was a huge mistake. im so good at folding the river lately; i dont know what i was thinking. she had AQ btw.

"BTW, was this at Commerce, and was your opponent the infamous Lady "I"?"

i dont know who that is offhand. it was a not bad-looking gal around 40 dressed all in black with black leather jacker, black hair, i had played 20-40 before with her, im pretty sure she's a winning player she plays quite well and doesnt seem to tilt. know her?

who's lady "i"?

03-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Iris is her name and she plays 30-60 (and I think 40-80) and is incredibly obnoxious and she talks all the time sometimes, especially when she's been playing for 24 hours straight and she' not a nice person.

03-20-2002, 11:37 PM
Andy -

Can you think of a better anti-description of "I"?

Josh

03-21-2002, 05:29 PM
"Iris is her name and she plays 30-60 (and I think 40-80) and is incredibly obnoxious and she talks all the time sometimes, especially when she's been playing for 24 hours straight and she' not a nice person."

yeah i know exactly who she is and she's not the one im referring to. but yeah iris is great. she's a big jerky fish. what i love most about her is how she makes it really obvious when she's on a draw on the flop and she makes it clear when she missed and she'll fold the river. yeah and she's really grumpy and is very cruel to the dealers and yells at the floor a lot. she absolutely hates my guts just cause ive beaten her out of a lot of pots lately. my eyes just light up when i see she's joining my table.

she must be filthy rich or something cause she must lose a lot. fortunately last night she won like $4k at the 40 next to me.