PDA

View Full Version : Forum Definition Check

Rushmore
07-20-2004, 08:17 AM
My understanding is that this forum is intended for "News, Views, and Gossip" ABOUT POKER AND THOSE INVOLVED IN POKER.

I was under the impression that if you simply HAD to know what your fellow posters thought about who was the greatest endocrinologist of all time, you would post in the "Other Topics" Forum.

DISCLAIMER: I realize one could make the argument that this post transgresses the same law as does the one mentioned above. This would be incorrect, as this post is both self-referential, and intended as informative as it relates to the "News, Views, and Gossip" Forum.

So don't go gettin sassy on me.

Zele
07-20-2004, 08:45 AM
I second that post.

Nothing wrong with these threads, they're just in the wrong forum.

smudgex68
07-20-2004, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
greatest endocrinologist of all time

[/ QUOTE ]

Frederick Banting for the discovery of insulin

cardcounter0
07-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Let's not forget Dr. Hans Selye either.

daveymck
07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that this forum is intended for "News, Views , and Gossip" ABOUT POKER AND THOSE INVOLVED IN POKER.
I was under the impression that if you simply HAD to know what your fellow posters thought about who was the greatest endocrinologist of all time, you would post in the "Other Topics" Forum.

DISCLAIMER: I realize one could make the argument that this post transgresses the same law as does the one mentioned above. This would be incorrect, as this post is both self-referential, and intended as informative as it relates to the "News, Views, and Gossip" Forum.

So don't go gettin sassy on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely though if asking any question in this forum you are therefore canvassing the views of those involved in poker, ie the people here who I assume are poker players.

Didnt somone get banned at one point for continously posting non poker stuff in here.

The main gossip area seems to be in the World Poker Tour forum but it seems to be mainly about who lives at home with their parents rather than who is having affairs etc with who.

Rushmore
07-20-2004, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The main gossip area seems to be in the World Poker Tour forum but it seems to be mainly about who lives at home with their parents rather than who is having affairs etc with who.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said NO SASS!!!

Zeno
07-20-2004, 02:08 PM
2+2 has grown so fast so quick that the forums are becoming semi-chaotic. This is a normal and expected outcome of the poker boom and all the influx of new posters with the attendant problems and quarks.

Apparently the wave is still building. Hang on to your surfboard.

-Zeno

Ray Zee
07-20-2004, 04:31 PM
yea rushy, i see what you mean, you even got zeno over here posting dribble. so i am implanting cookies bombs into the program so that anyone places a post that should be on the other topics forum will have their computer disintegrate soon thereafter.
however those topics that are being placed here that are not worthy of our elite posters on the other forum will not be welcome as zeno is in charge of implementing cookie bombs for those.
by the way no one uses sassy anymore.

Zeno
07-20-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you even got zeno over here posting dribble.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's drivel, not dribble.

Get it right Mr. Zee.

Got to Run, I have a quest to complete.

-Zeno

Rushmore
07-20-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yea rushy, i see what you mean, you even got zeno over here posting dribble. so i am implanting cookies bombs into the program so that anyone places a post that should be on the other topics forum will have their computer disintegrate soon thereafter.
however those topics that are being placed here that are not worthy of our elite posters on the other forum will not be welcome as zeno is in charge of implementing cookie bombs for those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Caesar's ghost! Say it ain't so! What in the Sam Hill are you talking about??! As IF! 23-Skiddoo!!

Bollocks!

OK. That last one might still get used from time to time.

daveymck
07-21-2004, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being from the UK I was a bit unsure of the word sassy anyway its cetainly not somthing I have ever said or typed before.

Myrtle
07-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Great Caesar's Ghost!!??

Holy Mackerel, Andy!!!......When was the last time that "Topper" aired on the tube?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif