PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 on Party..comments on all streets requested

nopepper
07-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, MP calls.

River: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP raises, Hero bets $20.5 (All-In), MP calls.

Final Pot: 16.10 BB

resluts to follow

nopepper
07-20-2004, 07:46 AM
FYI MP is LAG

hockey1
07-20-2004, 10:19 AM
The turn re-raise is suicidal, even if it were just HU, which it isn't. I'd have to have a very good read on BOTH MP and UTG to re-raise in this spot.

Why did you bet the river? What better hand than yours is folding here?

Looks to me like you're spraying chips.

mplspoker
07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Agreed. Did you actually think you were betting for value???

Steve Giufre
07-20-2004, 11:05 AM
This stinks, like poop.

lostinthought
07-20-2004, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI MP is LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI HERO is LAG

lostinthought
07-20-2004, 11:09 AM
If am I calculating this right, you started this hand with 6.5 BB (plus .50).

Try not to play with less than 12BB.

nopepper
07-20-2004, 11:44 AM
I did start this hand with a low br..it was on the tail end of a session i was getting murdered on. This one hand stuck out because MP showed 38 of spades and took down the pot with runner runner..I put him on straight draw which i why I bet this river...I figured he would call this bet with something like A4 if he had missed his draw.

rory
07-20-2004, 11:47 AM
I think your play is more consistent with being on tilt and almost being all in so deciding "what the hell" and putting the rest of it in.

-rory

Cheap Shot
07-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Nopepper...
You are overplaying your good starting hand...
The 3 bet is too wild - you have ace high with no draws...
Then you say on the river you bet out because you felt he would have called with A4 - he reraised you - save the 20 dollars - you have nothing here - he has SOMETHING. Hes not bluffing a reraise on the river. Read John Feeney's book "Inside the poker mind" Its great, it has a section on habitual bluffing - which you did all the way down. It also has a good section on all kinds of tilt. Which you are clearly on...

lostinthought
07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did start this hand with a low br..it was on the tail end of a session i was getting murdered on. This one hand stuck out because MP showed 38 of spades and took down the pot with runner runner..I put him on straight draw which i why I bet this river...I figured he would call this bet with something like A4 if he had missed his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad excuse.. what if you were dealt AA instead? You need to have 12 BB to be able to capitalize on those advantages. Otherwise it will start dipping in your win rate..

Have you considered stepping down? It seems like your are uncomfortable and are taking shots at 5/10 underbankrolled..