PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded 5-10 NL Hold Em Help

evanski
07-20-2004, 05:05 AM
I'm a somewhat proficient NL hold em ring game player struggling to adjust to shorthanded play. The game in question is a 5-10 NL game with anywhere from 3-6 players. I attempt to open up my game and play more aggressively, but this seems to result in my being stuck betting marginal hands fairly heavily, and sometimes going broke with them. Im asking for advice on the basest level. What hands and positions should I be raising from preflop? Is AK suited strong enough to go all in with? Clearly there is not a specific answer applicable to all situations and or games, but general guidelines would be greatly appreciated. For the sake of argument assume the game is 5 or 6 handed. Also, how much bluffing should I be doing on the flop? If I raise preflop should I be betting the flop basically everytime regardless of what comes? Should I continue my bluffs on the turn? Again, I realize the answers to many of these are player and game specific, but I am in need of basic strategic advice and an overall gameplan. Thanks.

Evan

Schneids
07-20-2004, 05:11 AM
Hey, even though this says it's the short handed forum on the links list, most of the players who post in this forum are primarily limit players -- and as such, you'll probably get a few better responses in the NL/PL forum.

As an aside, if you have these types of vague questions I would personally question whether you are ready to be playing in a 5-10 NL HE game... My .02 so don't be offended since I obviously have no clue about your true playing abilities or financial status.