PDA

View Full Version : I'm just wondering what you would do here?

Yeknom58
07-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (5.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds.

Turn: (3.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero ??.

So do you give him credit and just call or do you cap? no read on BB.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB

Haupt_234
07-20-2004, 03:41 AM
I cap without thinking twice about it.

He most likely didn't check his option with QQ or KK.

He most likely didn't cap the turn with an inside straight draw or an underpair (JJ).

Therefore, you most likely have him beat.

Haupt_234

bisonbison
07-20-2004, 03:42 AM
No read on the player, it's a six max game and he check-raises the turn after calling the flop directly to the bettor's left.

I think he has 44 or some wackass two pair more often than he has QQ, KK or god-forbid AT.

MarkL444
07-20-2004, 03:46 AM
My guess is KQ. Cap.

Yeknom58
07-20-2004, 09:54 AM
I only called the 3 bet, but I really wanted to cap and I was wondering what you all would do. I was just following my own advice. Once it gets capped on the turn/river my thoughts go from, "You didn't call with that?" to "why did you have to call with that." I really wasn't too concerned with the turn being cappped as I doubted he would check his option with QQ/KK but once that 3rd bet got thrown in on the river I figured him to be one of those guys that limps with AA-QQ.

He had 44 and MHIG.

Tosh
07-20-2004, 10:00 AM
I think KQ and more likely 44 are going to be shown a lot. Cap it up.

lil'
07-20-2004, 11:56 AM
I'd cap because it's very hard to put him on a better hand that beats you given the action.

If he has A-10 you have my permission to smack him in the mouth.

Yeknom58
07-20-2004, 12:44 PM
I felt a little weak but it seems everyone is telling me this is an easy cap. I figured it was a skirt level move, but now I'm thinking its more of a bra/panties+skirt move. Could one more person tell me to cap it...sheesh.

arkady
07-20-2004, 12:49 PM
The Q, K, J are all perfect cards that you can use to combine with he preflop check to conclude that you are ahead almost all of the time.

It seems very unlikely that he would raise you with a gutter holding AT on the turn, so you have him beat and a cap is in order.