PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed KQs in a loose aggresive game.

03-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Short handed (6 players) loose aggressive 15-30 game. 7th players sits down and posts under the gun. UTG checks, UTG+1 limps (bad player), next player raises (he likes to isolate, can have any two big cards, Ax, mid pair, etc), next player re-raises (I suspect he is on tilt, since he has played the last 6 hands with a raise after having his AA and KK cracked. He can have anything), I am on the button with KQ spades. I strongly suspect that all the action is due to the poster.

What would you do here?

I wanted to play against the isolator and a player on tilt since there is a good chance I have the best hand and get some dead money in the pot so I re-raised. Is this the case of over-valuing the button?

To my shock a good player in the SB called, weak player in BB called, poster called and everyone else called the caped bet.

I still like my hand now, since It plays ok in multi-way pots and I have the button.

14 big bets in the pot.

The flop: 2s, 8h, 5d.

Everyone checks to the guy on tilt, who bets. I call with my 2 overcards and runner-runner flush draw. I do not think a raise can chase anyone off.

Turn: Kh

Now UTG+1 bets (bad player), first raiser folds, on-tilt guy raises. What is my play?

With all the people behind me, and fairly passive UTG+1 springing to life, facing two big bets I folded.

UTG poster called 2 cold, everyone else including UTG+1 folded.

River: 6c

UTG bets and is called by the tilt guy.

UTG drag a huge pot with 9-7 off for a rivered gut shot straight. Tilt guy does not show.

I am mad at myself for misplaying the hand on every street. What do you all think.

03-19-2002, 03:48 PM
How in god's name do you fold the turn.

reraise is a much better option. at the very least call.