PDA

View Full Version : BB play

03-18-2002, 10:36 PM
Say you have a small pocket pair or something like KQo in the BB and it is raised by an early or middle position player(most likely not a blind steal) and there is maybe one caller or it is heads up. If an ace hits the flop, should you always just be done with it? My thinking is that the hands that you are beaten by are just too numerous. Unless you are playing against a LAG or a continual blind stealer, when could you continue with this hand? If you bet, most likely you will be raised, but even if he calls, you are worried about a turn raise. If you bet and are raised it is pretty much a muck even if you think you have the best hand. Even bad aces will call you to the river. If you check, it is almost an automatic bet from the pre-flop raiser. Is there any way where this could be a positive EV play? I just cant find it.

DN

03-18-2002, 11:15 PM
You pretty much answered your own question. You're just going to have to fold. You could, however, probably improve your EV in these situations by 3 betting preflop with your pairs (and betting out on the flop most of the time), and mucking KQo.

03-19-2002, 12:47 AM
my line of thinking would be to fold to an ace on the flop, and occasionally call with the intention of bluff betting the turn regardless of what drops - works a lot better than bluff-raising