PDA

View Full Version : Simple question?

03-17-2002, 10:57 PM
I started playing 15/30 exclusively recently. I'm in the BB with TsTd at a full 9 player table. There are 6 limpers to me. I check. The flop comes 8d7d5d. There's an early bet and all call. I fold. Is this correct?

Thanks,

-Michael

03-17-2002, 11:37 PM
if you are closing out the betting, I like to call. You can't like your hand now, even though you are likely the best, because you will likely need perfect-perfect.

if you aren't closing the action, and you are likely to face more bets, I like to muck here.

Josh

03-17-2002, 11:59 PM
Even if you think only 1 or 2 limpers will fold, the Tens are worth raising from the BB, in my opinion. I would have called. You do have 4 outs to the straight flush and six players in the pot. You also have long-shot outs to a full-house (runner ten and pair the board). As always, it depends (you said nothing about what kind of opponents you are against, sounds loose passive with all calling) but I think it is worth seeing at least the turn card. If you do hit you figure to get paid off big.

-Zeno

03-18-2002, 12:02 AM

03-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Bad night for numbers for me. Too much scotch.

Time for the hot tub.

-Zeno

03-18-2002, 05:02 AM
This is a simple ? and I'm, amazed at the answers you've recieved for it. You should absolutely raise here and try to take control of the betting. If you are raised on the turn you should fold. Calling on the flop leaves you very vulnerable and gets you no information, raise and bet until you are told, by a raise on the turn, that you are beaten.

03-18-2002, 07:47 PM
"I'm in the BB with TsTd at a full 9 player table. There are 6 limpers to me. I check. The flop comes 8d7d5d. There's an early bet and all call."

This must mean you checked the flop from the bb, is this correct? That's probably wrong, unless you did so trying for a check/raise. Once it got bet with many callers between you and the bettor, this probably (but not necessarily) foils your check/raise plans. Still, I'd usually take one off and at least see what the turn brings.