PDA

View Full Version : Ken Jennings (Antichrist)?

Slacker13
07-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Anyone remember the scene from 'Damien: The Omen II where Damien is rattling off historic dates as fast as the teacher could spit them out? I am starting to see similar signs in Jennings. /images/graemlins/wink.gif
The guy is amazing to watch.

Usul
07-20-2004, 12:29 AM
He truly is amazing to watch. I pity those who must face him and subsequently be steamrolled and humiliated. I'm a big fan.

daryn
07-20-2004, 12:49 AM
a notion came to me while i was watching him one time. is he also an expert at ringing in? seriously jeopardy is not just about knowing the answers. if you don't have the right timing to ring in you could never get a chance to say your correct answer.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-20-2004, 06:14 AM
is he also an expert at ringing in?

Well, yeah. Also by now he has no fear of ringing in before he knows the answer. He has literally zero pressure on him now.

benfranklin
07-20-2004, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a notion came to me while i was watching him one time. is he also an expert at ringing in? seriously jeopardy is not just about knowing the answers. if you don't have the right timing to ring in you could never get a chance to say your correct answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the rule is that you cannot push your buzzer until Alex has completely read the clue. If you push it before he is done, you are disqualified for that answer. I would imagine that after a few shows, you would start to pick up on Alex's timing and phrasing (tells), and that would give you an edge (+EV). A newbie, afraid of being disqualified, would wait an extra second to be sure the clue was finished. You often hear Alex remark after a show that the low scorer just didn't get the hang of the buzzer.

jwvdcw
07-24-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen some quotes from his opponents...they claim this is his major strength. Some say they tried to ring in on almost every question yet were only successful on 4 or 5 because Ken was so quick.