PDA

View Full Version : Just a poorly played hand by me.....Feedback appreciated

me454555
07-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

I called b/c w/a backdoor flushdraw and strait draw + overcards I had the outs. I'm thinking I shoulda bet here though.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

This is the street I think I screwed up on the most. I think this was a very good spot to semibluff b/c I can fold to a raise rather easily and I have a decent chance to win the pot right here.

River: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

joker122
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I agree, you kind of botched this one. Preflop is good, great even. Flop:

I called b/c w/a backdoor flushdraw and strait draw + overcards I had the outs. I'm thinking I shoulda bet here though.

"If your hand is worth a call you should bet yourself if there's little chance you'll be raised."

Truer words have perhaps never been spoken. I take a stab right there on the flop with a bet.

Turn:
[ QUOTE ]
This is the street I think I screwed up on the most. I think this was a very good spot to semibluff b/c I can fold to a raise rather easily and I have a decent chance to win the pot right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can easily fold to a raise here with as many as 8 outs (although, more realistically 6, and maybe even 0). However, I certainly agree that this is a great chance to semibluff so I like betting here. Think about what button has, and what he thinks you have...