PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker - What's your favorite seat/avatar? Luck

Frogger
07-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Party Poker has specific avatars assigned to every seat. My personal favorite seat is the number five seat. Followed by 1.

6 and 7 are also acceptable.

8 and 9... Why would I want to be an old man with a beanie cap or a dude with a fruity orange cap.

Seat 3 Looks like a middle age man who sucks at poker and is there to have a good time.
Seat 4 looks like a fruitcake. Poker is supposed to be a masculine game.
Seat 2 looks like a deformed guy whos face melted from too much time in the sun.
Seat 10 looks like he's taking the game too seriously.

I'll stick to seat 1, the absolutely player in the armani suit and pink oxford.

Or the bald pimp in seat 5.
Seat 6 is always good for bluffing because of the mystery that the hat provides. What does my face look like? You'll never know because my bigass hat covers it.

What's your favorite seat and why?

astroglide
07-19-2004, 06:44 PM
i disable them

Frogger
07-19-2004, 06:54 PM
That's bad luck. You lose the voodoo bald guy magic.

illunious
07-19-2004, 07:48 PM
This guy:

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/man1.gif

TRWIII
07-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Same here... those a bunch of creepy lookin' avatars. *shudders*

TRWIII

Luv2DriveTT
07-19-2004, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i disable them

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here... its bad for my focus.

rkaufman
07-20-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm partial to seat 10 myself, although seat 1 is okay too.

Woody

Alobar
07-20-2004, 01:32 AM
I disable them. Then occasionally wonder WTF someone is talking about when they say " I like your shirt".

Sully
07-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Seat 4 looks like a fruitcake. Poker is supposed to be a masculine game.

Your post struck me as funny in a lot of different ways. And for the record, "Seat 4" has become a derogatory term within my circle of idiotic friends.

As in..."Quit being such a Seat 4" or shortened, "Don't be a 4"....which progresses to just showing someone 4 fingers and a frown.

Disclaimer: I'm a simple man, and sometimes simple men just aren't as politically correct as they probably should be. But by God, they have a few good laughs.

Sully
07-20-2004, 01:48 AM
By the way...Seat 2 is DEFINITELY a burn victim.

nykenny
07-20-2004, 01:03 PM
I turn off the avatars, because i don't want to associate any avatar with any type of play style or any false reads. Also, I'd like not to make assumptions base on whether or not the player is male or female.

also i turn off chips and cards. to avoid slow-downs from the effects delays. but i do keep the "congratulations", 'cause i really love to hear it everytime i win a pot /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

as far as seating goes, i prefer sitting on the upper left, upper right, lower left, and lower right corner seats when seating in the tables of each screen section respectively. mainly becasue when multi-tabling, i'd be quick to spot my own seat on each table.

I don't have any superstition of behavior-luck-seat relationship whatsoever.

Kenny

CORed
07-21-2004, 01:10 PM
I like the seat directly to the left of the maniac who raises preflop every time. The first thing I did on Party was turn off the display of the avatars because I found the visual clutter distracting. I believe that there is also a female avatar for each seat, so there are actually 20 of them.

wayabvpar
07-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Bald guy white shirt, bottom right...Seat 4 or so? That's my main man.

Songwind
07-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I don't play party right now, so I can't really say - when I was playing free money there I just tried to ignore them.

As far as position goes, I prefer the bottom of the screen, off to the left if possible. Actually, that's one of the things that might actually interest me in Full Tilt - according to their web page you'll be able to rotate the table around and put yourself into whatever relative position you want.

Warik
07-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I changed the graphics for every avatar so that they each look like naked chicks.

DCIAce
07-21-2004, 04:09 PM
I like seat 6's avatar. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallett
07-21-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I changed the graphics for every avatar so that they each look like naked chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

How?!?

Warik
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really /images/graemlins/smile.gif... but you could by going to the PartyPoker\Images folder and replacing whatever pictures they have in there with whatever you'd like to see instead.

Very easy to do and you can do a lot of cool stuff with a simple graphics editing program.

Monty Cantsin
07-21-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As in..."Quit being such a Seat 4" or shortened, "Don't be a 4"....which progresses to just showing someone 4 fingers and a frown.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

/mc