PDA

View Full Version : Did i do wrong?

mackthefork
07-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Party 10+1 5 left Blinds are 50/100, I am UTG with 1150 left, and just about to take the last BB at 100 level, I get QQ I push, MP calls (big stack) I wasn't worried he called a preflop raise of 450 with K3o then called an all in on a K high flop, for all his chips. Anyways he turned up KK, and no help came. Anyway I can't play this slower or ever get away from it, I do the same every time, correct?

Regards ML

Texas Pete
07-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Well, supposing you just raised, and he reraised, you'd probably still go all in (I would) since he's been playing crappy cards. If he just called your raise (a strong possibility) he'd try to slowplay those kings and then go all-in at the end, and you'd call him unless an A or K fell, so pretty much your were screwed before you did anything at all.

willie
07-19-2004, 08:20 PM
yeah, just a tough break. maybe raising utg and folding to a reraise could have occurred, but with a quality high pocket pair it's hard to get away from

just stinks someone overheld ya.

the real problem now is that your stack is chopped and the blind is on you next hand, had to be tough to make a comeback after that.