PDA

View Full Version : Pay to see Str8 Flush?

King High
07-19-2004, 03:55 PM
10/20 B&M Fairly Loose game.
UTG limps
MP Limps
I Limp AsJc
lp Limps
Button Raises
SB Folds
BB Folds
All Call 5 to Flop $115 pot

Flop 10s 9s 7s
UTG bets, mp calls I call lp calls Button raises.
All Call Pot $215

Turn ks UTG Checks mp checks I check lp bets button calls UTG calls Mp calls I call Pot $305

River Js UTG bets MP raises! I have the Ace Should I call even if I know he has the Straight Flush. the pot odds are their but I know he has it.

I know a lot of you will say why didn't you raise. I felt anyone with the 8s Js or Qs was staying no matter what at least that was my read. Comments thanks

AJo Go All In
07-19-2004, 03:59 PM
call, they have the 5s and the 6s

highlife
07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn ks UTG Checks mp checks I check lp bets button calls UTG calls Mp calls I call Pot $305

River Js UTG bets MP raises! I have the Ace Should I call even if I know he has the Straight Flush. the pot odds are their but I know he has it.

I know a lot of you will say why didn't you raise. I felt anyone with the 8s Js or Qs was staying no matter what at least that was my read. Comments thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

umm raising with the nut flush on the turn (and closing the action no less) isnt to get players out its to get value for your hand. you are commiting a mortal sin by not raising on the turn. as far as the river, crying call...pot is just too big.

devinthedude
07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of you will say why didn't you raise. I felt anyone with the 8s Js or Qs was staying no matter what at least that was my read.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what youre right. I wont ever bet or raise with the nut flush closing the action if i think my raise will get called.

I'll just wait until the river when a blank hits, then if I bet, I'll get them out for sure.

jeeeeez

Nightwish
07-19-2004, 05:49 PM
You really butchered this hand. First of all, you need to raise preflop, but that's the smallest of your mistake. Your failure to raise the turn cost you 4 BB. That's a massive error.

On the river, if you know for a fact that one of them has 8s or Qs (i.e., they showed it to you), then of course fold. Otherwise, you call.

Ezcheeze
07-19-2004, 06:34 PM
You should raise preflop and should absolutely raise the turn. I think the river is an EASY fold. These guys would have to be complete maniacs for me to call that raise.

-Ezcheeze

Tosh
07-19-2004, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments like this make me want to cry.

Without trying to sound like a jerk are you sure you are ready for mid-limit poker?

King High
07-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I know I butchered this and I posted to ingrain it in my mind so I would not make the stupid mistake again. The winner showed 8c8s. I will remeber this like Scott norwood or bill buckner.

JasonP530
07-19-2004, 08:26 PM
forget about the size of the pot. You have the A, the K is on board, the Q and 8 make the straight flush, the only thing you beat is a bluff 6s. Doesnt seem likely to me with the bet and raise. In fact, if he sprung to life and led into the field, without the other raise, a case could be made for folding there.