PDA

View Full Version : Trop 4/8 33 Hand...

sthief09
07-19-2004, 03:54 PM
I was at the Trop the other day "teaching" my girlfriend how to gamble and she "wanted" to watch me play poker so I put my name on the 2/4, 4/8, and 7.50/15 lists waiting to play the first available game, which turned out to be 4/8. there was more [censored] talking at this table than every table I've been at combined, and they were all terrible players.

I've been trying my hardest not to push my mediocre hands too hard, and to take a more patient approach, rather than trying to win every pot that I enter. I think I probably pushed too hard here.

I've been at the table for about a half hour. my reads are as follows:

UTG- she was probably playing af ew too many hands, but I hadn't seen her show many down, so I can't say for sure. she was friendly with a guy to my right, so she would show him her cards. I caught a peak one time, where she had A7s. she was the button, and the flop came 953r. the turn came a 7, it was checked to a LP player and she folded. I also saw her call a pair of threes down on one hand. she appeared to be completely erratic with her play, involving no thought whatsoever.
MP- woman directly to my left. she sat down around the time I did. she raised 3 times. 1 time she checked through the flop, and twice she checked and folded. she was clearly weak-tight.

the table as a whole featured a bunch of people that were seeing most flops, and they all played poorly.

so I have red treys in EP.

UTG woman limps, I limp, MP woman raises, folded around. 3 to the flop for 7.5 SB

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, I bet (?), MP sighs, looks at her cards, sighs again, and hesitantly throws in $4. UTG thought for a second and called it too.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, I bet, MP says "now I have to call" and calls, UTG confidently calls.

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, I check with the intention of folding, MP checks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

how'd I do? did I win? what'd they have?

Chris Daddy Cool
07-19-2004, 03:59 PM
You won this hand because you rock.

MP has A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG has Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

MarkD
07-19-2004, 04:02 PM
how'd I do?
I like it on all streets.

did I win?
Yes.

what'd they have?
UTG had a duece. Probaly with a Ace or a Queen but possible a Jack. I think he also has a spade.
MP has AQ or AJ with the Ace of spades.

lil'
07-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I dunno what they had, but you played it the way I would have played it.
MP obviously has one big spade. Apparently neither card is a king. Lets say A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ? UTG might have the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I think you lost to UTG's K /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

sthief09
07-19-2004, 08:57 PM
UTG showed 55, and MP showed AQ with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and I lose.

I'm glad that those of you who responded liked it. I wasn't sure if this was a bad spot to push a mediocre hand.