PDA

View Full Version : Online Game Selection

Seether
07-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Im getting to the point where I am really noticing the importance of game selection. Just sitting at any random 3/6 table is fine however I have been noticing that method is probably not the best thing at 5/10. I have noticed extreme differences in 5/10 tables, some which are frustratingly tight where it is really not worth the effort to play when there are most likely softer tables around....

So my question to you more experienced players is, what are your methods for finding soft tables?

So what methods do you guys use to find the soft tables?

MVicuna
07-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Amusingly nobody answered you. What a shock.

If your new to the tables, look for tables with large pot avgs, that usually means a lot of limpers or cold callers. If the software doesn't give that, look for tables with around 4+ people seeing the flop. Like you said, fighting over blinds is rarely profitable.

Once you start building a list of the bad players you can just start looking for them.

Thanks,
MarkV.

bdk3clash
07-19-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amusingly nobody answered you. What a shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

I sort by average pot size and join the waitlist for tables with the largest average pot size. It's a decent approximation for the best game.

MVicuna
07-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi,

[ QUOTE ]
?

I sort by average pot size and join the waitlist for tables with the largest average pot size. It's a decent approximation for the best game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured this would be something everyone would be able to answer.

One thing to add, Make sure you monitor the players, as your waiting for a seat to open up, the table dynamics could change greatly, but the pot avg could stay the same as the other good players are in line to get into the big pot games.

So when you sit down and you see half the table with 160-140 you can be sure its probably all new arrivals and don't assume they are as loose as the players they are replacing.

MarkV.

bisonbison
07-19-2004, 10:16 PM
The longer you play and take notes and use pokertracker, the better you'll do at picking tables. Informed choices and all that.

What I've found is that seats at tables are as important as tables themselves. Finding a couple of loose-passive players with an open seat after them is like a little bonanza.