PDA

View Full Version : KK - Turn & River decisions

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.
I figure my raise knocks out some players, and it also should let me know where exactly I stand. It didn't really do either. I did believe there a decent chance that I was ahead, but I wasn't sure.

River: (14.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.
I didn't see any reason to bet this river. I could be behind, and/or someone could have caught their ace. Should I have still bet?

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between UTG+1, CO and Hero.</font>

stoxtrader
07-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I think you are giving up too much by not betting this river, I think you are safe folding to a check-raise, but I think you will get called often enough by worse hands that this bet is +EV..

The turn raise is good with a two-flush on the board - you are charging the flush draw extra, and it looks like at least one of your opponents is on that draw..

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are safe folding to a check-raise

[/ QUOTE ] Hmm, I don't know if I could make that fold.

StellarWind
07-19-2004, 01:19 PM
I raise the turn as a value bet and to protect my likely best hand. I don't expect trips or a full house to just call the flop and then bet in front of me. Information ("where I stand") is not a significant factor in this raise as I have no place to go. I'm showing this hand down unless two players start fighting.

It would be tough to hold a mere ace through the flop and turn and someone might have bet the river if they had. I'll nervously bet expecting flush draws to fold and lower pairs to call.