PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Al, expect the check any day now

CCass
07-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Dr. Al,

I used some of my hard earned FPP's (Stars) and ordered your book. I assume Stars compensates you well for the ability to give away your book. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now the serious question. When I got TOP via Stars, it came with a personalized autograph from the esteemed Mr. Sklansky. Will my copy of The Psychology of Poker be autographed as well?

I look forward to reading your book, as I think it will add to my game.

Al Schoonmaker
07-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Every two weeks or so I autograph a bunch of books, and they get put into the envelopes for mailing. You should get it very soon.
And I get the normal royalties.
Thanks,
Al

steamboatin
07-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Dr Al's book is good.

MBTIGUY
07-19-2004, 07:50 PM
This is as good a spot as any for me to say how great Al's book is. I play .50/1.00 and it has paid for itself many times over by helping me put players into the four style quadrants and using strategies appropriate to each. I also put the game I'm in into one of the quadrants (and watch for changes in the game) and alter my overall strategy accordingly.
It's also forced me to honestly evaluate myself and how my motivations affect my own style so I can be aware of what kinds of games I'm best suited for. If you take this book seriously, it can make a huge difference in your game.

paland
07-20-2004, 12:18 AM
OK, You all talked me into it. I have about 10 poker books but didn't have Al's "Psychology of Poker". So I went ahead and ordered it as well as Ed Miller's new book from this site, which goes through ConJelCo. I look forward to reading both.